Come on. You know you want to!
Superpoints is an invitation-only points program that allows you to earn points in various ways and then cash them out for gift cards, PayPal, or merchandise (like iPods and Kindles). The Super Lucky Button is one way to earn, and in my opinion it’s the most fun, but it’s not the fastest. I’ll give you some tips on how to earn points fast at Superpoints in a second.
But first, here’s a link to join Superpoints.
Once you’re signed up, here are my tips to earning fast on Superpoints:
- Open their email daily. They send out one email a day with a random number of free points. Click the email to claim them. I’ve earned as many as 25 points in a daily email. (500 points = a $5 gift card)
- Visit the Get Points tab on Superpoints daily. That daily email will give you a reminder to visit the site.
- Click the Super Lucky Button as many times as you have available every day. Don’t miss out on any opportunity to get points! (Also, as a courtesy, occasionally click one of the banner ads and interact with the advertiser’s website. These ads help generate revenue for Superpoints to keep the free gift cards coming!)
- Take 10 minutes and complete the requirements to become Platinum. This is really easy and the rewards are huge, including 100 chances to win with the Super Lucky Button each day instead of 30, and being able to cash out at a $5 minimum instead of $25. Here’s how you upgrade: Refer 5 or more friends and have them validate their info and complete their basic info. (You have Facebook, or you surely have 5 friends – this should be easy!) Add a valid picture and complete the advanced profiler. Boom, you’re Platinum!
- Watch videos daily. These aren’t worth a lot of points but they’re easy to do. Turn off your speakers and let the video run in another window if you’re not interested in them. Don’t see any videos available? Try earlier in the day or at different times of the day. Note: there may be more videos available in the next section:
- This is the big one: complete offers! You don’t have to spend a dime in this section (again, it’s under the Get Points tab). Surveys can be anywhere from 40 points to over 120 points. Some offers will give you points just for submitting an email address (I set up a free Hotmail account just for doing these). If you did want to sign up for paid services for Blockbuster Online, Columbia House, etc., you can earn points for that, too. There are some shopping rewards, too (like points for FTD orders).
- Another big one: refer your friends! You’ll earn 25 points when you refer someone who becomes a basic member (meaning they confirmed their email address and completed the basic profile info). Platinum members also win points when their friends win, and earn points when their friends complete surveys. Do not refer fake accounts or spam your referral links, as this is against their terms and they WILL catch you. Past member fraud is why this program is invitation-only now. Please play fair!
While you can earn points for downloading toolbars, games, and other software, I always recommend against doing these offers. Compromising your computer’s security isn’t worth a free gift card!
Is Superpoints Legit?
Yes, having been paid by them 24 times since 2007, I can tell you that Superpoints is a legitimate, paying rewards program. Here is the site’s background: Superpoints originated as LuckySearch.com in 2007, and it was set up as a search and win program very similar to Swagbucks. Some new site features were added, and since “search” wasn’t the only way to earn points, they changed their name to Superpoints. (The name LuckyPoints had been taken by Publisher’s Clearinghouse.) However, some of the site’s new features proved unpopular, and member fraud was rampant (primarily people referring themselves to get bonuses), so the site was taken down in 2010 to retool the business model. Since its return under new management last September, Superpoints has paid me seven times, each time within a week of my cashout request.
I’m very happy with the new Superpoints, and I feel confident in recommending them as a way to earn free gift cards online.